“There is a popular game called Jenga in which a tower of rectangular blocks is arranged to form a sturdy tower. The objective of the game is to take turns removing blocks without causing the tower to fall. At first, the task is as easy as the structure is stable. However, as more blocks are removed, the structure weakens. At some point, a key block is pulled, and the tower collapses. Yes, the collapse is a direct cause of the last block being removed, but piece by piece the structure became increasingly unstable. The last block was the catalyst, but the turns played leading up to that point had just as much to do with the collapse. It was bound to happen; the only question was, which block would cause the tower to give way?”~ MICHAEL LEBOWITZ AND JACK SCOTT
“I’m starting to feel like one of those reporters, if not lawyers, who listen to police scanners and chase ambulances for a living. There must have been disaster movies made that depict this kind of pandemic, but I can’t imagine any of them portraying the levels of ignorance and incompetence we’re witnessing in real life here.”Raul Ilargi Meijer
- 9 Things to Buy Every Time You Go to the Store. by The Organic Prepper.
Financial (roller coaster)
- Storm Warning. by Jim Kunstler.
- COVID-19 and the economy: Where do we go from here? by Gail Tverberg
- Forget the V, W or L Recovery: Focus on N-P-B . by Charles Hugh Smith
- Let’s Talk Privilege….. by Out of the Cave.io
- 2020 Economic Predictions: This Series of Unfortunate Events Guarantees the Epocalypse. by The Great Recession Blog.
- The Depression Dominoes Are Toppling. by Charles Hugh Smith
- CAN TOO BIG FOR FED & ECB. by Egon von Greyerz
- We Digitized the Mob, and There’s No Place to Hide. by Frank Miele
- “Free Speech” In The US Empire Is As Illusory As “Free-Range” Eggs. by Caitlin Johnstone
- Only Idiots Believe The CIA, And Other Notes From The Edge Of The Narrative Matrix. by Caitlin Johnstone
- It Didn’t Have to Be Like This. by Adam Serwer
Climate Crisis (ecocide)
- This Map Shows Which U.S. Homes Will Flood Over the Next 30 Years Due to Climate Change. by Geoff Dembicki
- South Pole warming three times faster than rest of Earth: study. by Patrick Galey
- Worlds Climate Catastrophe worsens amid Pandemic. by Ishaan Tharoor
- As the UK heads into a heatwave Siberia is going off the charts. by The Canary
Wrap it up….please
Can’t really come up with anything of use, basically I’ve got nothin’. Sometimes it just seems hopeless in the face of so much ignorance, stupidity, wishful thinking and greed. On any given day one of these four takes front and centre in my head. Today its a blanket of all of them.
Better get your resilience waders on.
As always, should you find anything that refutes the general idea of a horrific collapse of the civilization we know, that this is all a bad dream, and/or it’s me who is nuts (rather than the entire planets’ population less myself and 4 part-time readers), I’m open to a funner outlook.