“The problem in the US is that proportion of overweight (or, to be polite, “exceedingly well fed”) & metabolically challenged pple; the chief vulnerability for Covid. That makes any comparison or mortality rates between the US and Europe unrigorous.”
People generally fall into a few categories when it comes to “awareness”. Most just want to go about their lives gathering shiney shit and enjoying their TV shows….The Sheeple. Another group sits outside the Sheeple, consider them the Foxes. They, thru some sort of sociopathic tendencies deem it their right to take as much from the Sheeple as they can.
The Sheeple reward the Foxes with worship bordering idolotry, cause they have money. Not because the Foxes have demonstrated any higher social tendancies and forward the good of the group of Sheeple. Simply that they have money, lotsa shiney shit and a whole lot of self promoting gumption.
So this “awareness” or lack thereof is simply an understanding that Sheeple and Foxes even exist. Some Sheeple might have a small glimmer of understanding of this twisted relationship but most shake it off as an oddity. The smallest group of people are aware and have several paths to dealing with this: get taggged as a tinfoil hat wearer, disguise themselves as a Sheeple/Fox as suits their situation, walk away, go completely bonkers.
Now the curtains are pulled back and we get to see the Foxes scurrying frantically to keep whats theirs, whilst the Sheeple patiently wait for the time to get back to their aquisition of shiney shit.
I had hoped for more pushback. Our “world” of shiney stuff was never real. It was based upon multiple generations belief in a system of shiney stuff. Even if that shiney stuff was the root cause of the planets demise, our ability to have a future, our kids to have a future or humanity to even exist. To be able to look at this Sheeple/Fox Dance of Death (SFDD) is the first step in true awareness. But it means accepting that the future is filled with tough choices. That shiney is not best. That a good future is better. That the Foxes need to go and the Sheeple need to get their shit together before there is no way forward.
The past 50 years of planet destruction, resource depletion, crushing of people will end. The issue is, will we be behind the forces that develop a better world or will that world stop being our home and become humanities casket. (much sooner than you think).
The Perfect Killing Machine. by Dr. David Healy. Here’s a perfect example of the Sheeple/Fox dynamics. You thought that the research behind that medicine you or your parents take had full peer review? That the proper officials had overseen the research and verified it? For that matter, what is research? For all medicines, vaccines etc.? Follow the $$$ to the Fox den. That C-19 vaccine you’re waiting for…. you first.
How COVID-19 Showed America’s Dependence on Blue-Collar Workers. by Tom Conway. I guess it makes sense to some. Indentured workers, can’t afford not to get paid, must work. Deemed essential. Paid slave wages to stay on front lines serving, so that those with the wealth can stay at home and have staples delivered to them.
From Here to Dystopia. Not with a Bang, But a Coughby John Feffer. “Trump’s incompetence in the face of Covid-19 has helpedcause a soaring American death toll. The U.S. is being serially laid to waste, a reality for which he accepts no responsibility. Unlike Oedipus Rex, Trump Rex has not the slightest interest in confronting the truth of his sins or the horror of his actions. Don’t expect the president to put out his own eyes, as Oedipus does at the end of the play. No need, in fact. Trump has always been blind and, not surprisingly, his blind ambition combined with his blind greed has culminated in an administration in which the blind are indeed leading the blind.”
We’re Not Going Back to Normal. by Michael Maharrey. “It assumes everything was “normal” to begin with. It wasn’t normal. The economy was a big, fat, ugly debt bubble. Normal was abnormal. The economy was levered up to the hilt. Consumers were driving the economy with borrowed money. Corporations were already carrying record debt-loads. The government was already spending money as if we were in the depths of an economic recession.Coronavirus popped the bubble. It pulled the last piece out of the Jenga game. It turned a fan on the house of cards. We’re not going back to normal any time soon.”
Flight Path. by Jim Kunstler. “The Covid-19 corona virus didn’t initiate the financial disorders of the moment in the US and Europe, but it ensured that there would not be another appearance of any “recovery” a la the central bank interventions of 2008-09. What it portends is a fast-track journey to a whole new disposition of things: first, for a while, a harsher, hungrier, angrier society of broken promises and dashed expectations; and then adaptation when a consensus emerges that the set of facts at hand amount to a new reality.“
Start by questioning every one of your core beliefs.
“It’s going to be within the next week or two — probably even more like a week,”
Dr. Anthony Fauci, In attempting to deflect concern regarding test kits
“This is what you can conclude:
Excluding these, countries that are prepared will see a fatality rate of ~0.5% (South Korea) to 0.9% (rest of China).
Countries that are overwhelmed will have a fatality rate between ~3%-5%
Put in another way: Countries that act fast can reduce the number of deaths by a factor of ten. And that’s just counting the fatality rate. Acting fast also drastically reduces the cases, making this even more of a no-brainer.”
Tomas Pueyo. I think I started screaming about this at the beginning of Feb. Who knew?!?!
“While there is “some truth” to the statement “that no one” could have seen the fallout of the “coronavirus” being escalated by an “oil price” war, there has been mounting risks for quite some time from valuations, to price deviations, and a complete disregard of risk by investors. While we have been discussing these issues with you, and making you aware of the risks, it was often deemed as “just being bearish” in the midst of a “bullish rally.”However, it is managing these types of risks, which is ultimately what clients pay advisors for.
It isn’t a perfect science. In times like these, it gets downright messy. But this is where working to preserve capital and limit drawdowns becomes most important.”
Lance Roberts of Realinvestmentadvice.com See article below or more importantly…… Did your advisor tell you to act with prudence or stay the course? or wait for opportunities? or whatever the heck their higherups have instructed them to say. Remember, it’s all about THEIR money
The worlds central banks and countries are unloading everything they have to forestall an economic meltdown. Ready to pour untold billions in this gasoline fire that has become our economic world. All while the vultures are looking for buying opportunities.
They are attempting to prop up that rickety chair they created by pouring money into it since 2009. It may work. Likely won’t. Then what?
The world watches the US begin to grapple with this under the watchful leadership of Le Grande Orangutan and tribe. Lets face it, if the US crumbles all bets are off worldwide. And its on the edge of crumbling. Wait until their goobermunt tries to begin to forcibly contain quarantine cases, stem the panic of shortages, explain their lack of anything meaningful.
It’s yet to be determined if China is out of the woods. Forcing their people back to work may have merely passed around the coronavirus to more people ready for their next phase of infection. We don’t know if China can pull it out yet. Their industries are floundering at best, to supply stuff to the the rest of the world, who are going thru extreme duress attempting their own population saving methods.
Anticipate major US outbreaks in next 7 days (and oh Canada), more so when test kits are actually available. The US work force will be in the same boat as the rest of the world.
The three economic engines of the world will be in some form of shutdown for the next 2-3 months; China, Europe and the US.
I say as gently as possible, how is pouring printed cash going to prop up the worlds industries whilst its peoples are under extreme duress, not working, not buying stuff. We have built a consumer world with lifestyles to match. Financial bailouts to the Rotten who played along with this gigantic Ponzie scheme won’t have dealt with health issues, debt issues or other GTB. Remember Climate Crisis????
We need to prepare for a complete breakdown of the systems we have grown accustomed to. Government support, supply chains, availability of food, supplies, equipment. Depending on where you are in the world, things will vary.
We have a massive Depression coming and we are seriously underprepared.
Its time to implement your own self isolation. Particularly if you are in the danger zone over 60 years of age.
This will protect you and your neighbours.
We are at the point where we have to ride out the shit storm coming and be ready to scrape together whatever is left. At the moment we have no idea what this looks like.
If you can, consider longer term plans. We have no idea what we will face in the coming months/years but with every gooberment fixated on solving the economic disaster, we should not hold out much hope for their attention when we need it.
The “stock” market economy is teetering wildly, international companies are beginning to see the shortage of parts/pieces and general stuff that won’t be increasing anytime soon. This is beyond the scope of the children in charge. (they built it, and built upon it, for 35 + yrs, while we watched).
Am I the only one feeling trapped in a really bad B-grade Sci-Fi movie? With elements of some Austin Powers thrown in? Complete with supporting cast of Keystoners (smoking of course).
The most powerful nation in the world is about to go down in a blithering heap of …. nothing. Fade away into the horizon as bickering amongst them that are in charge continues. Blame gets thrown around. And the virus spreads. And more people get sick. And we here on the edge in oh Canada do what exactly? The good words are being shoveled our way more forcefully.
I think this is an issue where both sides of the borders govt’s (small g now) are praying that a early warmer spring will solve everything. Note to readers. It Won’t.
Why? Could it have been the budget cuts? Brought on by massive tax breaks? For 35 yrs? Destruction of oversight organizations? Too much golf? twaating? self glorification?
Lead by those so thoroughly unsuited for leadership that every word from their mouths will be another nail in their coffins (someday, maybe). Don’t they realize how exposed they are to their own bullshit, thrown around with such vigor that there is a coating upon every head still standing.
How do they see this one ending? Its not just going to go away with the next fabricated news loop. A government who lies repeatedly, doing whatever they want, is dangerous to all of us. And this will be the poster example.
On another note somewhat related. If you’ve been following Julian Assange, you’d know just how bad this lying is for us. BTW give some support to Assange by writing to him. His extradition will be the end of what is left of journalism. If you have no idea who he is or why you should do this, may I suggest you take your head out of your ass?
Sometime in the next 7-10 days we should have rapidly expanding cases here in complacent North America. Do you honestly believe we will come out unscathed?
It looked to me yesterday that the GDP (generally dumb people), might have had a wake-up call. DOW down 7.8 % after the previous 2 weeks slide. Well I think the bankers woke up too. Now its going to be pour the coal ($$$) on folks! Reduce interest rates. We are going to print money to boost the failing economy. Which may or may not work. Which doesn’t address containing the virus or it’s impact to the health care system. (or health ignorance system)
Soon they’ll even start looking at the people. Who will be suffering mightily. I think those people will be pissed off when they see how poorly their governments have managed.
Here’s the “other” side of Dr. Chris in discussion with John Rubino going over the financial implications for the virus. I think that it is unwise to think that a massive injection of borrowed cash will overcome the crushing results of the health and distrust issues coming.
Rabobank: “Dead Bat Bounce”. by Michael Every of Rabobank. Let me paraphrase, ” It don’t mean nothin, till the health crisis event is solved“
Most concerning is the lack of any real testing capabilities here in oh Canada and down in the Excited States. Its difficult to decide on an effective response when you don’t have accurate information. Period.
oH Canada isn’t showing on the radar of effective testing, because our numbers aren’t that scary yet. But we also have managed to hide behind happy words and limited testing so far. Would be interesting to get some notes from front liners on this.
A quick search of CBC’s site shows this as the most current update.
From Health Canada’s site. The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) has assessed the public health risk associated with COVID-19 as low for Canada. Public health risk is continually reassessed as new information becomes available. The risk to Canadian travellers abroad is generally low but will vary depending on the destination. The Public Health Agency of Canada is closely monitoring the spread of COVID-19 in other countries. Please consult the destination page on travel.gc.ca for the latest travel advice. It is important for all travellers to monitor their health when they return to Canada. While abroad, you may have come in contact with the novel coronavirus. PHAC asks that you monitor your health for fever, cough and difficulty breathing for 14 days after you arrive in Canada. If you have these symptoms, call the public health authority in the province or territory you are in to inform them. They will provide advice on what you should do. The research and data on COVID-19 continues to grow and evolve. We will continue to adapt our advice for travellers based on the latest science available.I submit this is lame, because as said before… if you aren’t testing how do you know?
Here we sit. What we are really dealing with is an attempt by our Gov’ts to contain this as an economic event, when it’s actually a health event – then an economic event. The financial side is a result of a house of cards getting weaker and weaker (one of the Giant Turdballs), pumped up with fake money. Sooner or later it will collapse. This may be the event that does it, it may not.
In the meantime the smoke signals coming from our leaders are just that…smoke.
Hang in there, prepare for the worst, hope for the best.
ps. To you snow birds contemplating a trip south. Did you factor in 4 weeks of quarantine? Riiight, you’re not reading anything bad.
To understand great disparities in disease outcomes between CIVID-19 patients, we explore infection and host responses in kinetics. From existing data, we deduced a model that the lungs are damaged by rapidly rising flow resistance as a result of retaining white blood cells in lung tissues. The retention of white blood cells is initially triggered viral infection but aggravated by injuries caused by low temperature. Lungs are initially damaged by fluid leakage, rapidly followed by extruding blood into alveolar spaces. The step of blood extruding is predicted to take place in a very short time. Our simulations show that as little as 0.1% retention of white blood cells in the lungs can lead to their failure in 5 to 10 days. The small degrees of imbalance implies that this imbalance could be corrected by a large number of factors that are known to reduce flow resistance. The model implies that the top priority is maintaining blood micro-circulation and preserving organ functions in the entire disease course, especially after the virus has spread the whole lungs. From exploring a large number of hypothetical infection modes, we propose preventive, mitigating and treatment strategies for ultimately ending the pandemic. The first strategy is avoiding exposures that could result in widespread damages to lungs and taking post exposure mitigating measures that would reduce disease severity. The second strategy is reducing death rate and disability rate from the current levels to one tenth for infected patients by using multiple factors health optimization method. The double reduction strategies are expected to generate a series of chain reactions that favor mitigating or ending the pandemic. Some reactions include a big reduction of the amount of viral discharges from infected patients into the air, the avoidance of panic, chronic stress and emotional distress, and cross-infections which are expected in quarantines. The double reductions would have a final effect of ending the pandemic.
below are excerpts from the paper. Read it. If this gets as bad as China, hospitals will be packed and unable to treat.
B. Strategies for Mitigating Infection and Lung Damages
…we found many intervening points for altering disease outcomes…
1. …exposure to the virus is just a start point, but not a gameover point. Many potential methods could be used to reduce the number of viral entries. Even through the whole lungs are expected to be infected by the virus,intervening measures can delay viral entries and reproduction and thus reduce damages to the lungs…
2. Post exposure remedial measures include simple things like cleaning nose and irrigating the mouth and nose to remove as many trapped viral particles as possible to reduce further viral entries.
3. Effort should be made to stop sequential exposure to external viruses. Before any virus is released to the bloodstream, the body is still vulnerable to continuous infections in the lungs. This measure is much powerful than using antiviral and antibiotic to control independent and cross-infections.
4. Adjust body conditions in the latent periods… The following should be considered:
(1) Temperature is the most important factor. It is absolutely the first priority to avoid exposure to low temperature. It affects blood vessel stricture, blood viscosity, blood vessel pore size, etc. Keeping warm is the most important measure in the fight against cold, influenza and any lung infections and is important before exposure to the virus, in the latent time, during treatment, and during recovery.
(2) Low humidity facilitates removal of water layer on the alveolar walls and promotes oxygen and carbon dioxide exchange and thus improve the lungs’ function to maintain waste removal balance and mitigate the congestion of white blood cells in lung tissues.
(3) Increase water intake to reduce blood viscosity. A large number of other factors can be used to reduce blood viscosity. Certain foods such as garlic and a large number of herbs can be used to reduce platelet aggregation or improve blood circulation. Right level of salts can reduce blood viscosity by influencing ironic strength. Intake of more water with moderate salts can increase the ability to disperse viral-generated wastes, cell debris and metabolic by-products into the circulating blood.
(4) Increase mechanical vibrations of the lungs. Sound-uttering, an ancient healing art, can help lungs relax, thus facilitating the passing of white blood cells through the capillaries network. It is best used in early phrase, after the reinfection phase, and during the recovery phase. However, sound uttering in the reinfection time windows may facilitate viral spreading. One best bet is avoiding uttering violent and explosive sounds in the reinfection time window. We have shown that deep breathing exercises is the most powerful method for fight against lung infection. It has been used in China, India, Japan, Korean, etc. as the primary healing art for thousands of years. This exercise can be used in a bulk of times to counter the virus-caused white blood cell retention.
(5). Use right dietary, environmental, and lifestyle factors to mitigate infection severity and lung damages. Vitamins A, C, E, antioxidants, selenium, etc. protect lung cells from the injuries of free radicals [64-74]. Lifestyle and body condition also affects human vulnerability to viral infection [75-85]. Chronic stress affects immune responses [86, 87]. A large number of factors can be used correctly to alter disease outcomes if they are combined.
C. Strategies For Reducing Lung Damages and Risk of Death
The infection modes and damage models imply two different strategies in different stage of disease. In the early phase or before the virus has spread to the whole lungs and the patient’s vital organs have ample redundant functional capacities, the measure is inhibiting, slowing down viral reproduction, viral spread and viral reinfections. This should be done as soon as possible. After the whole lungs have been infected, anti-viral drugs in late stages should be avoided after the vital organ capacities have declined to disability levels. Instead, a sound strategy is taking measures to reduce tissue inflammation, reduce flow resistance, keep waste removal balance and strengthen vital organs in the entire treatment period.
1. Use all safe and non-conflicting factors in favor of inhibiting viral reproduction, promoting innate immunity, boosting immune response, and improving the lung blood circulation as discussed in Sections A and B above.
2. Mitigate or slow down re-infections by patient-self-originated viruses. What is critically important is slowing down viruses spread to the whole lungs. Good emotion, good air ventilation, warn body temperature, low air humidity, and good life manners can slow down the reinfection process. Slower reinfection speeds have an effect of extending the total time for the viruses to spread to the whole lungs. Sequentially sporadic reinfections have less burden on the whole lungs than synchronized large-scale infections. Longer delays in successive infection timings result in reduced viral burden and reduced level of inflammation, thus reducing lung damages and risk of death. If the reinfection time is extended from several hours to a few days, it could make a difference to final outcome.
3. After at least some infected cells have discharged cell contents, couching and sneezing generate high-concentration viral sources for selfreinfection. In the early phrase or small time window, patients should avoid coughing, sneezing, and violent throat clearing activities as much as possible or taking any valid measures to inactivate viruses that are inhaled back. Such attempts can slow down viral spread speed. After the whole lungs have been infected, coughing can generate force to improve micro-circulation to facilitate white blood cells to pass through. … 8. Drugs may help slow down viral reproduction, maintain blood circulation, strength heart functions, etc. Patients should be advised that drug side effects can temporarily diminish the usable organ capacities of lungs, heart, liver and kidneys. When the lungs are under severe distress, even a moderate thrust by drug side effects can instantly cause death. Patients should appraise drug side effects wisely and should consider using factors with little risks.
9. Some medical treatments developed by population medicine should be reexamined in the context of those models.
(1) Antiviral drugs are effective only in the early stage when the functions of major organs are strong. When treatment is started within two days of becoming sick with flu symptoms, antiviral drugs can lessen fever and flu symptoms, and shorten the time of being sick by about one day. After the viruses have spread to the whole lungs, virus reproduction is limited by biological resources and immune responses. When patient’s lung functions has approached disability level, such a drug may only burden the lungs by its side effects…
(2) We also question the measure of using drugs to lower body temperature… Thus, raising set-point of temperature has an expected benefits of improving blood micro-circulation and facilitates immune cells transport balance. Lowering the body temperature may be justified only in situations that excessive high temperature could damage the brain. However, a better strategy is maintaining the lungs at a higher temperature but lowering the head’s temperature by using a cooling bath.
(3) Using oxygen intake must be reasonable. While supply oxygen can improve lung function, it can cause widespread damages to lung cells and make inflammation even severe. The strategy is avoiding getting to that point and then using oxygen to cause widespread damages to lung cells.
(4) Medicine should explore drugs that can dilate blood vessels starting as soon as possible. However, side effects are always concern. If the blood circulation can be maintained, use of steroids should be avoided because steroids have caused severe damages to bones.
10. To maintain vital organ functions, herbs may be formulated to improve holistic health. Herbal formulations may include herbs that fight against the virus and inflammation, promote waste removal, and strengthen all major vital organs. The focus is improving blood micro-circulation in lungs. Synthetic drugs may be used to dilate blood vessels, but this should be used in the early stage. When the whole lungs have been consolidated, there is no room for the blood vessels to expand.
I’d like some discussion on this with my Research Team.
Its time to consider the colour Code re the coronavirus (or whatever the hell it is). Code Yellow is alert/prepare. Code Red is hunker down in self quarantine/isolation, avoid contact with humanoids. Depending on where you are in the world, we start approaching code Red when the first case of virus shows up in your area, then it becomes RED, when the first death occurs.
In a world of GDP’s (Generally Dumb People) this will become difficult as you explain to friends and family you will not be attending gatherings. What to do about school?, work?, seniors homes, factories, etc.
Those that don’t get the seriousness will try all sorts of behaviors to convert your thinking. This is where the Pandemic panic starts to seriously take hold. Tough thinking even though you may have prepared, but over the top losing of the mind for those that don’t take it seriously. Logic says self isolate. What to do about those you care about?, warned? and then took no or inadequate steps.
I’m struggling with all the ramifications of this.
Details of the Emerging Mega Trends Affecting Civilization… and our Inept Response.