“The problem in the US is that proportion of overweight (or, to be polite, “exceedingly well fed”) & metabolically challenged pple; the chief vulnerability for Covid. That makes any comparison or mortality rates between the US and Europe unrigorous.”NASSIM NICHOLAS TALEB (@NNTALEB) APRIL 30, 2020
Had to post
- Ten reasons why a ‘Greater Depression’ for the 2020s is inevitable. by Nouriel Roubini. And yet Wall Street just had their best month ever? Dya think it had anything to do with a few trillion $$$ poured into the “System”. No one really believes we’re going back… do they?! For Fucks sake get a grip.
- Sweden forced to admit significant under-counting of coronavirus deaths. by Jordon Shilton. Reeeeally? Just perhaps being one of the only countries buying into herd immunity wasn’t such a good idea. But makes a good example over time.
- Planet of the Humans movie draws outrage as it calls for economic slowdown. by Don Pittis. The controversy rages…sort of. Until everyone is engaged not worth a whole lot.
- Coronavirus map shows the 22 hotspots where cases could explode as eight states lift lockdowns. by Les Stead. But … but…my haircut?
- As slaughterhouses close, farmers may have to cull thousands of hogs a day. by H. Claire Brown. Likely won’t effect meat prices tho.
The Federal Reserve bought more Treasury securities in the past 6 weeks than the whole foreign sector bought in the past 6 years.Lyn Alden (@LynAldenContact) April 30, 2020
Gotta be free to be a Capitalist! Cause anything less and I won’t be able to get a haircut when I want.
And for that I will fight any sane scientific option you present me until we go up in a ball of flames.