I’m betting Giant Turd Balls. Other than the occasional polyanna wishful thinking nugget, not much good news on the horizon . (remember….keep an eye on it). And yet the Sheeple seem to still expect Normality.
I go out; people not wearing masks…tho that’s looking like it will change as laws making masks in public come into effect. People lining up for opportunities to infect themselves. Demanding their right to do things they “need” to do.
Effects of even short term minor cases of C-19 are showing long term deliterious effects to organs, brain function and energy levels. The long term health care costs are incaculable on this. Wait till the fall and we go into reality season; as the US petri dish develops more virilant mutations.
Business continue to fail, jobs lost permanetly, more money printed to offer “support”. 14 billion $$ and counting to the oil industry in oh Canada so far.
Oil industry in shatters. Wait for the pain of that to hit; expensive to drive, food production, transport of goods, supply chains shattered, plastic shit done away with. Everything that was `normal`…gone. Once this trip wire goes, we will be thinking wishfully of today.
Continuing saga of breakdown in international trade and US bullying to work “their” playing field. China / US failing. US bullying sort of succeeding; think Huawei in 5G networks in Britain.
And yet climate is roiling, peaks being hit around the world, most notably both poles. Around me its been a crazy summer of high heat, constant extreme thunderstorm warnings, and high levels of precipitation.
Military flexing of muscle on many fronts: Middle east, Indian/China, US/China south China seas bullshit, US still provoking Iran, US glancing at Venezuela, unrest continues in Hong Kong, Europe Union building more pissed off have not countries.
The world watches with bated breath the agonizing wriggling of the US. Make no mistake about it, the American empire we have known will not be the same after this year. The US election stands no chance of correcting any of the dis-function within the openly corrupt political system. Whether its La Grande Orangutan or he who is Ghost-Hiding-In-Basement. No change for good. Big dollars being thrown around to big pharma, tech and the military system continue to drain any opportunity to effectively battle not only C-19 but a myriad of social issues exacerbated by wealth inequality.
2020 will go down as an pivotol moment in world history. We are in the midst of a Big Change to Less. It is happening as we sit here waiting for remembrances of past fuzzy thinking to re-appear.
My advise, turn away and concentrate on what you can influence; get out of debt, get out of the markets, develop skills and systems to prepare for a world of a lot less (stuff, schooling, travel, restaurants, services, gov’t, food, gas, healthcare, etc) . Develop your local support networks. Grow food. Invest in yourself. Pay attention. Work on your there/there nows.
A Jolt of Real
I think Mr Kunstler has done a fine job of drilling down to reality.
- A Bigger Picture. by James Kunstler
- My patient caught Covid-19 twice. So long to herd immunity hopes? by D. Clay Ackerly
- Coronavirus warning from Italy: Effects of COVID-19 could be worse than first thought. by Stuart Ramsay
- Unless We Take Urgent Action, Covid-19 Won’t Be the Last Virus That Jumps From Animals to Humans. by John Buell.
- CDC acknowledges mixing up coronavirus testing data. by Marty Johnson. At some point soon I expect a massive die-off due to just extreme embarrassment.
Imperialism (Saber Rattling)
Its all part of maintaining the empire. Have to do something with the untold Trillion$.
It simply can`t keep going up forever. Then what?
- The Great American Shale Oil & Gas Massacre: Bankruptcies, Defaulted Debts, Worthless Shares, Collapsed Prices of Oil & Gas. by Wolf Richter
- The Tech Cold War Between The US And China Will Cost $3.5 Trillion In Just The Next Five Years. by Zerohedge.
- Stock Market Crash 2020: Welcome To The End Game. by Clem Chambers
- Welcome to the Crazed, Frantic Demise of Finance Capitalism. by Charles Hugh Smith
Society (That which is going Awry, occasionally something that isn’t)
- Fertility Rate. by James Gallgher. I have trouble seeing this as a bad thing.
- James Lovelock: ‘The biosphere and I are both in the last 1% of our lives’. by Jonathan Watts.
Wrap it up….please.
As always, should you find anything that refutes the general idea of a horrific collapse of the civilization we know, that this is all a bad dream, and/or it’s me who is nuts (rather than the entire planets’ population less myself and 4 part-time readers), I’m open to a funner outlook.