People generally fall into a few categories when it comes to “awareness”. Most just want to go about their lives gathering shiney shit and enjoying their TV shows….The Sheeple. Another group sits outside the Sheeple, consider them the Foxes. They, thru some sort of sociopathic tendencies deem it their right to take as much from the Sheeple as they can.
The Sheeple reward the Foxes with worship bordering idolotry, cause they have money. Not because the Foxes have demonstrated any higher social tendancies and forward the good of the group of Sheeple. Simply that they have money, lotsa shiney shit and a whole lot of self promoting gumption.
So this “awareness” or lack thereof is simply an understanding that Sheeple and Foxes even exist. Some Sheeple might have a small glimmer of understanding of this twisted relationship but most shake it off as an oddity. The smallest group of people are aware and have several paths to dealing with this: get taggged as a tinfoil hat wearer, disguise themselves as a Sheeple/Fox as suits their situation, walk away, go completely bonkers.
Now the curtains are pulled back and we get to see the Foxes scurrying frantically to keep whats theirs, whilst the Sheeple patiently wait for the time to get back to their aquisition of shiney shit.
I had hoped for more pushback. Our “world” of shiney stuff was never real. It was based upon multiple generations belief in a system of shiney stuff. Even if that shiney stuff was the root cause of the planets demise, our ability to have a future, our kids to have a future or humanity to even exist. To be able to look at this Sheeple/Fox Dance of Death (SFDD) is the first step in true awareness. But it means accepting that the future is filled with tough choices. That shiney is not best. That a good future is better. That the Foxes need to go and the Sheeple need to get their shit together before there is no way forward.
The past 50 years of planet destruction, resource depletion, crushing of people will end. The issue is, will we be behind the forces that develop a better world or will that world stop being our home and become humanities casket. (much sooner than you think).
- Only a monumental effort of political imagination can end lockdown. by Jonathan Freedland. “The methods – whether it’s mass testing or contact-tracing – matter less than the huge shift in thinking that is required”.
- The Perfect Killing Machine. by Dr. David Healy. Here’s a perfect example of the Sheeple/Fox dynamics. You thought that the research behind that medicine you or your parents take had full peer review? That the proper officials had overseen the research and verified it? For that matter, what is research? For all medicines, vaccines etc.? Follow the $$$ to the Fox den. That C-19 vaccine you’re waiting for…. you first.
- How COVID-19 Showed America’s Dependence on Blue-Collar Workers. by Tom Conway. I guess it makes sense to some. Indentured workers, can’t afford not to get paid, must work. Deemed essential. Paid slave wages to stay on front lines serving, so that those with the wealth can stay at home and have staples delivered to them.
- From Here to Dystopia. Not with a Bang, But a Cough by John Feffer. “Trump’s incompetence in the face of Covid-19 has helped cause a soaring American death toll. The U.S. is being serially laid to waste, a reality for which he accepts no responsibility. Unlike Oedipus Rex, Trump Rex has not the slightest interest in confronting the truth of his sins or the horror of his actions. Don’t expect the president to put out his own eyes, as Oedipus does at the end of the play. No need, in fact. Trump has always been blind and, not surprisingly, his blind ambition combined with his blind greed has culminated in an administration in which the blind are indeed leading the blind.”
- We’re Not Going Back to Normal. by Michael Maharrey. “It assumes everything was “normal” to begin with. It wasn’t normal. The economy was a big, fat, ugly debt bubble. Normal was abnormal. The economy was levered up to the hilt. Consumers were driving the economy with borrowed money. Corporations were already carrying record debt-loads. The government was already spending money as if we were in the depths of an economic recession. Coronavirus popped the bubble. It pulled the last piece out of the Jenga game. It turned a fan on the house of cards. We’re not going back to normal any time soon.”
- Flight Path. by Jim Kunstler. “The Covid-19 corona virus didn’t initiate the financial disorders of the moment in the US and Europe, but it ensured that there would not be another appearance of any “recovery” a la the central bank interventions of 2008-09. What it portends is a fast-track journey to a whole new disposition of things: first, for a while, a harsher, hungrier, angrier society of broken promises and dashed expectations; and then adaptation when a consensus emerges that the set of facts at hand amount to a new reality.“
Start by questioning every one of your core beliefs.