- It’s ‘quarantini’ time. People say cheers to video happy hours when they’re stuck at home. by Heather Kelly
- Americans Forgot the Economy’s Purpose — Until Coronavirus. by Joe Nocera. And I would hope are horrified at their leaders response.
- The Next, Terrible Phase of This Crisis. by Ken Harbaugh. “Above all, Americans themselves need a mindset shift. Triage is coming. Many cases of this disease will be minor, and self-triage will be necessary. We must listen to the experts and treat the sick at home if so advised. We must anticipate the rationing of care, and not take out our frustrations on doctors and nurses who are operating under horrifying circumstances.”
- The Global Repricing of Assets Can’t Be Stopped. by Charles Hugh Smith.
- The House that Ben Built. by Steve Brown. “The real tragedy — besides the threat to our physical well-being and financial — is that the United States is uniquely incapable of acting to curb this financial and health crisis. There are humanitarian actions the US could take but cannot, due to its politicized mandate for unreason.”
- The rich live longer than the poor. At least 14% of wealth is hidden in tax havens. by Energy Skeptic. “But the Tax Justice Network, an international research and advocacy organization, says the number is far greater. The group estimates that as of 2010, there was between $21 and $32 trillion kept in offshore holdings. That would represent between eight and 13 per cent of total global wealth.” Make the rich pay.
Yeah its pretty shitty looking.
But you know your purpose: stay healthy, continue working your prep plan, keep your head up, eyes ahead.