Am I the only one feeling trapped in a really bad B-grade Sci-Fi movie? With elements of some Austin Powers thrown in? Complete with supporting cast of Keystoners (smoking of course).
The most powerful nation in the world is about to go down in a blithering heap of …. nothing. Fade away into the horizon as bickering amongst them that are in charge continues. Blame gets thrown around. And the virus spreads. And more people get sick. And we here on the edge in oh Canada do what exactly? The good words are being shoveled our way more forcefully.
I think this is an issue where both sides of the borders govt’s (small g now) are praying that a early warmer spring will solve everything. Note to readers. It Won’t.
Why? Could it have been the budget cuts? Brought on by massive tax breaks? For 35 yrs? Destruction of oversight organizations? Too much golf? twaating? self glorification?
Lead by those so thoroughly unsuited for leadership that every word from their mouths will be another nail in their coffins (someday, maybe). Don’t they realize how exposed they are to their own bullshit, thrown around with such vigor that there is a coating upon every head still standing.
How do they see this one ending? Its not just going to go away with the next fabricated news loop. A government who lies repeatedly, doing whatever they want, is dangerous to all of us. And this will be the poster example.
On another note somewhat related. If you’ve been following Julian Assange, you’d know just how bad this lying is for us. BTW give some support to Assange by writing to him. His extradition will be the end of what is left of journalism. If you have no idea who he is or why you should do this, may I suggest you take your head out of your ass?
All Clear, Nothing to See Here, Move Along.
- The Trump Administration’s Misinformation Machine. By Charles Seife. They’ve gotten away with it for so long they think they can forever.
- Here are 13 claims Trump has made about coronavirus that have already gone down in flames by Cody Fenwick.
- The Dangerous Delays in U.S. Coronavirus Testing Haven’t Stopped. by Robinson Meyer and Alexis C. Madrigal
- The Official Coronavirus Numbers Are Wrong, and Everyone Knows It. by Alexis C. Madrigal
- When Denial Is Swamped By Reality. by David Murrin.
- Why health experts advise cancelling cruises amid coronavirus. by CBC. I really debated posting this. But today is my day of giving back to those not born with a functional brain.
- Latest Research Says The Average Incubation Time For The New Coronavirus Is 5.1 Days
- Cancel Everything. by Yascha Mounk. Social distancing is the only way to stop the coronavirus.
- How to Stop Touching Your Face by NY times. Use a Kleenex, Identify triggers, Keep your hands busy, Chill.
- Cleaning up: the best 20-second songs to wash your hands to. by Tim Dowling. I’m going to have to work in a Teenage Head song.
Wrap it Up….Please