Sometime in the next 7-10 days we should have rapidly expanding cases here in complacent North America. Do you honestly believe we will come out unscathed?
It looked to me yesterday that the GDP (generally dumb people), might have had a wake-up call. DOW down 7.8 % after the previous 2 weeks slide. Well I think the bankers woke up too. Now its going to be pour the coal ($$$) on folks! Reduce interest rates. We are going to print money to boost the failing economy. Which may or may not work. Which doesn’t address containing the virus or it’s impact to the health care system. (or health ignorance system)
Soon they’ll even start looking at the people. Who will be suffering mightily. I think those people will be pissed off when they see how poorly their governments have managed.
Just a guess.
- [Herbal Rootlets]: 99 – Building A Strong Immune System. by HerbalRootsZine. Written for kids but good for all.
- Spock’s Vulcan salute should replace handshakes in coronavirus era. Ahem… Live Long and Prosper!
- Coronavirus can travel twice as far as official ‘safe distance’ and stay in air for 30 minutes, Chinese study finds. by Stephen Chen, SCMP. It’s highly contagious, who knew?
- Coronavirus ‘highly sensitive’ to high temperatures, but don’t bank on summer killing it off, studies say. by Simone McCarthy of SCMP.
- Testimony of a surgeon working in Bergamo, in the heart of Italy’s coronavirus outbreak. by a paramedic on Reddit. This is the grimmest of grim realities. I would suggest not getting it would be best.
- For a sobering overview read this. The Virus is a Time Machine. by Raul Ilargi Meijer of Automatic Earth
- Things take a turn. by James Kunstler.
Here’s the “other” side of Dr. Chris in discussion with John Rubino going over the financial implications for the virus. I think that it is unwise to think that a massive injection of borrowed cash will overcome the crushing results of the health and distrust issues coming.
- Rabobank: “Dead Bat Bounce”. by Michael Every of Rabobank. Let me paraphrase, ” It don’t mean nothin, till the health crisis event is solved“
Most concerning is the lack of any real testing capabilities here in oh Canada and down in the Excited States. Its difficult to decide on an effective response when you don’t have accurate information. Period.
oH Canada isn’t showing on the radar of effective testing, because our numbers aren’t that scary yet. But we also have managed to hide behind happy words and limited testing so far. Would be interesting to get some notes from front liners on this.
A quick search of CBC’s site shows this as the most current update.
- B.C. ramps up coronavirus response, activates provincial pandemic co-ordination plan. Promises on Mar 6 to have 4 labs up and running “next week”. Nada on the rest of the country.
- From Health Canada’s site. The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) has assessed the public health risk associated with COVID-19 as low for Canada. Public health risk is continually reassessed as new information becomes available. The risk to Canadian travellers abroad is generally low but will vary depending on the destination. The Public Health Agency of Canada is closely monitoring the spread of COVID-19 in other countries. Please consult the destination page on travel.gc.ca for the latest travel advice. It is important for all travellers to monitor their health when they return to Canada. While abroad, you may have come in contact with the novel coronavirus. PHAC asks that you monitor your health for fever, cough and difficulty breathing for 14 days after you arrive in Canada. If you have these symptoms, call the public health authority in the province or territory you are in to inform them. They will provide advice on what you should do. The research and data on COVID-19 continues to grow and evolve. We will continue to adapt our advice for travellers based on the latest science available. I submit this is lame, because as said before… if you aren’t testing how do you know?
- One chart shows how many coronavirus tests per capita have been completed in 8 countries. The US is woefully behind. by Aylin Woodward and Skye Gould.
Wrap it Up….Please
Here we sit. What we are really dealing with is an attempt by our Gov’ts to contain this as an economic event, when it’s actually a health event – then an economic event. The financial side is a result of a house of cards getting weaker and weaker (one of the Giant Turdballs), pumped up with fake money. Sooner or later it will collapse. This may be the event that does it, it may not.
In the meantime the smoke signals coming from our leaders are just that…smoke.
Hang in there, prepare for the worst, hope for the best.
ps. To you snow birds contemplating a trip south. Did you factor in 4 weeks of quarantine? Riiight, you’re not reading anything bad.