Regardless, markets now need to start pricing for one of two things. Either COVID-19 is going to spread, making an untold number sick and killing many others, and economies will go into lockdown as supply-chains are badly hit; or governments are going to lockdown anyway, the public are going to rapidly scale back most activities, and supply chains will again be badly hit. In either case, don’t buy the dips.”~ Michael Every of Rabobank
“You don’t want to overly feed the darkness, but if you seem like all you do is happy talk then you lose credibility, You get a three-hour high from your happy talk, but lose the long-term ability to be seen as serious, factual and potentially reassuring at a later point when it might be justified. This White House may already be in danger of losing the capacity to be seen as serious.”~ Gene Sperling, who served as a top economic adviser during the Clinton and Obama administrations.
“As a consequence, capital has been artificially drafted into financial speculation and money dealing. At the same time, household and business balance sheets have been deeply impaired in order to live high on the hog today rather than investing for the long haul and positioning to weather the unpredictable vicissitudes of individual and collective life–illness, accidents, wars, pestilence, droughts and plagues, one of which we are now experiencing.…….
That is to say, by imperiously violating over the last 30 years every law of sound finance, honest money and common sense that the world had learned over the centuries, the central bankers have ended up creating a monster which will be bring on their own demise. And none too soon.“~ David Stockman via Contra Corner click to read rest of article. Its Financial GeekSpeak
And he doesn’t even mention the Giant Turdballs: Climate Emergency. Peak Oil, Social collapse!
Don’t you begin to get a little glimmer that it’s all about the money? It’s only ever been about the money? It’s why we can’t deal in a forward thinking manner about any important issue that is hurtling our way. Name one, Follow the money trail.
And if Central Banks begin to cut interest rates as a means to boost the “economy” then know deep in your heart that we are truly in for a rough time.
The reality, again;
- COVID 2019 is spreading fast, into the Western world
- We are grossly unprepared.
- This is a PANDEMIC.
Only those seriously afflicted with cranial rectalitus, still think this is the flu. (approximately 95% of the North American public and leadership). So when the Grand Orangutan proclaims ” its merely the flu”, take your large grains of salt and choke them down. He has been known to stretch the truth for his own benefit (16,421 times as of today).
Over here in oh Canada, our very own Minister of Health, Patti Hajdu had these sanguine words for her fellow Canadians, “Canadians would be wise to prepare for the possibility that they, or someone in their family, will become ill by stocking up on a week’s supply of food and medicine.” Where is Justin Fancy Socks BTW?
More pearls of wisdom from Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), “Health authorities at all levels of government are working to ensure that our preparedness and response measures are appropriate, adaptable, so that our systems are ready to meet the challenges of the evolving situation.”
I was cautiously optimistic that some pre-emptive options were entrenched, and more being developed, rather than let’s just wait and see.
For example, how prepared are we, as a country, province, county for a medical emergency like the “China Syndrome” unraveling before some (5%) of our eyes. Aren’t we here in oh Canada the shining example of stellar Pandemic response from our SARS experience, ….aren’t we? Some questions for Prime Minister Fancy Socks:
- How do we prepare our emergency health care response to not simply be overwelmed and FAIL?
- Are we ready for complete closure of business, government, schools, etc?
- What are our stockpiles of medicine, masks, food, etc?
- In the event this goes completely
sidewaysterminal ( see some of the videos coming out of China on Twaatr), what are our long term plans for dealing with a complete financial failure? Cause ya know, Jaaaawbs.
Oops can’t say that out loud as people might, er, um PANIC! Well here’s my 2 cents. By not revealing their plans, they have revealed their hand. The West’s response has been 100% about saving the teetering economy, not about saving their people. And when the Peeps figure that out, there will be RAGE and PANIC, and that won’t be pretty. It will simply make things harder. Better for the elites that we fight amongst ourselves, than take it out on those who should have, could have, done better.
My best thought on this is to prepare, prepare and prepare. We (the West) have grown accustomed to never having to really worry about danger (unless you are black in an inner city, Palestaniane, Indigenous, anywhere that has resources and the US wants them). Our populace has grown accustomed to very little actual life and death pain. Can’t seem to comprehend a Giant Turdball coming their way, even tho the warning signals are flashing gigantic red. I’m seeing a virtual red Northern Lights on the horizon BTW…24/7.
Any one who is paying attention already knows enough, anyone who doesn’t know, may never know. And coming here will not convince them of anything other than the writer is a raving lunatic.
Its time to pull up our adult pants and get ready. So lets make some lists and ideas together so we can share how we will prepare.
- Is Wall Street Behind the Delay in Declaring the Coronavirus Outbreak a “Pandemic”? by Whitney Webb. “A little known specialized bond created in 2017 by the World Bank may hold the answer as to why U.S. and global health authorities have declined to label the global spread of the novel coronavirus a “pandemic.” Those bonds, now often referred to as “pandemic bonds,” were ostensibly intended to transfer the risk of potential pandemics in low-income nations to financial markets.” Nothing to see here, move along. But just sayin’, ” if there is truth here….for only $425 million they can’t call it a PANDEMIC?! By their own definition its a PANDEMIC. Just can’t say it out loud.
- Trump Has Sabotaged America’s Coronavirus Response. by Laurie Garett. Obama built a world class critical response team for Ebola and other pandemics. Drump killed it, cause, “Obama”.
- Coronavirus: Weakest patients could be denied lifesaving care due to lack of funding for NHS, doctors admit by Shaun Lintern. “NHS patients could be denied lifesaving care during a severe coronavirus outbreak in Britain if intensive care units are struggling to cope, senior doctors have warned. Under a so-called “three wise men” protocol, three senior consultants in each hospital would be forced to make decisions on rationing care such as ventilators and beds, in the event hospitals were overwhelmed with patients.” I’m guessing that EVERY Western government has gone right to this concept and is preparing the police/army to enforce it. I’m thinking it would have been better to prepare.
- Coronavirus far more likely than Sars to bond to human cells due to HIV-like mutation, scientists say. by Stephen Chen. “Scientists say the new coronavirus may be significantly different from Sars. The new coronavirus has an HIV-like mutation that means its ability to bind with human cells could be up to 1,000 times as strong as the Sars virus, according to new research by scientists in China and Europe.”
- And then there is John Rappoport and his website NoMoreFakeNews.com . For those of you new to him, understand he has been at this for 20 some years that I know of. He has wildly polar opposite thinking. Worthy for a curious mind to bookmark. Wuhan and the polluted air as a cause of epidemic illness. Cause every now and then don’t you mentally go?, “yeah?, but……..”.
- misc Twitter feed. …..or stuff you won’t see on TV
Wrap it up….please
Prepare, Stay healthy, Continue to be resilient.