08:50 pm Feb 11 – AirChina continues daily flights between Beijing and LA LAX, SanFranciso, NewYork and Washington despite the inconvenience caused by NCP.globaltimes.cn
“It appears “trade optimism” to save the stock market has turned to “coronavirus cure optimism.”Zero Hedge
“The reality is, it will take over a year in my expectation to really find a new vaccine for this so, we need to really use epidemiological controls to really get this situation in a better place,”Novartis CEO, Vas Narasimhan
Now its the waiting stage of dealing with 2019 nCoV. (“It’s no worse that the flu.”) We wait to see if confirmed infections appear in other areas of the world. Or until we see the real numbers from China. Or Tweeto-don Cheato has a new pearl of wisdom ready to go, about how well the economy is doing. Or a new story unfolds of a miraculous new finding. All so as to keep the financial balls of the world in the air.
Our health and safety is being held up to the whims of the financial world (1%). Cause that’s the way it always been and that’s the way it is.
Its why we can’t deal with climate change, biosphere collapse, disparity of wealth and any of the myriad issues that require solid action now.
Watch. We could be on the edge of a new something. One in which people finally stand up and give a hearty, “Fuck You!” to those in power. May happen in China. If nCov shows up in a concentrated manner in other parts of the world it may happen there.
At some point people will see with their own little eyes the Deplorables (Elite 1%) attempt to control the message on their behalf. For Money.
- Two UK prisoners being tested for coronavirus. from Sky News. Another laboratory for some poor schmucks who are in the wrong place at the wrong time.
- What is a ‘superspreader’ and how did UK man pass on the virus? …. and what percent of those infected are superspreaders…. and what is the fatality rate and the contagion rate?? We know sweet FA!!!
Financial (roller coaster)
- Forever “Looking Up?” – Reflections On A Blinkered (Or Schizophrenic) Market. by Michael Every via Rabobank. “At present, one could have a headline screaming “Killer asteroid to hit earth!” on Monday morning, and by lunch-time the equity market would be saying “Think of all the rebuilding!”
- China’s Banks Face $6 Trillion Coronavirus Cataclysm If Epidemic Is Not Contained Soon. from Zero Hedge.
- China Home Sales Plunged 90% in First Week of February. from Bloomberg. Maybe if you have to consider weeks/months of forced quarantine…house shopping isn’t so important.
In our baseline scenario, we estimated that the basic reproductive number for 2019-nCoV was 2.68 (95% CrI 2.47–2.86) and that 75,815 individuals (95% CrI 37,304–130,330) have been infected in Wuhan as of Jan 25, 2020.
If the transmissibility of 2019-nCoV were similar everywhere domestically and over time, we inferred that epidemics are already growing exponentially in multiple major cities of China with a lag time behind the Wuhan outbreak of about 1–2 weeks.https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30260-9/fulltext
- Body Count. by Ben Hunt. “From a narrative perspective, China is fighting this war against nCov2019 exactly like the US fought its war against North Vietnam. It’s what the Best and the Brightest always do … they convince themselves that the people can’t handle the truth, particularly if the truth ain’t such good news. They convince themselves that they can buy enough time to win the real-world war by designing and employing a carefully constructed “communication strategy” to win the narrative-world war.That strategy proved to be a social and political disaster for the United States…”
Climate Crisis (ecocide)
- Food fears grow as swarms of locusts reach Uganda and Tanzania. Outbreak in east Africa has already devastated crops across a swath of Kenya and Somalia. This is a humanitarian crisis unfolding.
Wrap it up….please