“… Individuals around the world should be encouraged to get themselves in as good health as possible, so that their own immune systems can fight off pathogens of all types, not just this particular virus.” ~ Gail Tverberg
I expect this to be an interesting week. Proof of the effect of the 2019-nCoV pandemic will start to be more evident or it may be still remain unclear, but the underlying damage in our ability to trust our governments, long term damage to the worlds economy and increase in tensions between countries will continue. Whatever you currently think, you cannot ignore the squeakings of despair coming from China. Evidence of China’s Govt malfeseance is starting to leak out of the clampdown currently going on; Deaths attributed to the corona virus being mislabeled pneumonia so as not to show up on 2019-nCoV lists, Crematoriums doing 24 hr service, People speaking out.
I, being somewhat of a darkened heart to begin with, am astounded at the ongoing displays of ” The Frailties of Humanity”. Denial, ” its no worse than the flu”, Political Nothingness, Canada won’t declare national emergency, Populations Apathy, ” I heard about that, but didn’t think it important”.
I’ve been pushing the concept of civilizations demise from the Giant Turdballs coming our way for many years. Pandemics, EMP bursts and seismic rearrangements were sidebar revelations considered a once in time occurence. Yeah could/will happen but hard to prepare against, when we are in a world that can’t prepare for long term, last forever cataclysms like Climate Emergency and Biosphere collapse.
Well here we are. Evidence strongly points to this being a serious pandemic, but in an attempt to shore up a flagging world wide economy, Gov’ts are putting the brakes on serious responses. I can’t for the life of me fathom Canadas response. “Not an emergency.” Little ole me and even Wikipedia recognise that there is a human to human transmission. “Human-to-human spread of the virus has been confirmed in China, Germany, Thailand, Vietnam, Taiwan, Japan, and the United States.” And highly contagious. Yet its considered no big deal. In spite of the infection rate that is increasing daily, in front of us. I’m thinking when faced with as severe a medical emergency as this appears, that we should be acting as if our hair is on fire. Just in case. Cause if it starts to spread here as over there, we will not be able to contain/control it. Or offer anything but platitudes of support. Like what is happening over there; Lockdowns, lack of medical supplies, inadequate medical support, collapsing public support, collapse of industy/economy. General shitty times for all.
Watching the Govt’s of the world respond to this will be interesting. Lets see how this world changing event is handled by our leaders. Right now China has locked down about 15 cities with a population of 55 million, for as they imply, a not so serious flu bug. If today the whole thing went away the economic impact of that will have ripples far reaching. If it continues in the trajectory it has been going, far worse.
If/When/As this gets worse we will see the shallowness of our leaders and hopefully some great from our own neighbours. This Pandemic, current Climate Chaos and Biosphere Collapse all come down to the ECONOMY. Choices will be made to protect the ECONOMY that preclude the people. This will become clearer and clearer.
I’m as prepared as I can be, now its wait and see time.
- Brace for Impact: Global Pandemic Already Baked In. by Charles Hugh Smith
- Coronavirus Pummels Wuhan, a City Short of Supplies and Overwhelmed. by The New York Times.
- The Party and the Virus. by Raul Ilargi Meiher
- Code blue: Pandemics and hospital surge capacity in a just-in-time world. by Kurt Cobb . In which the inevitable race for profits in an industry that should be for people, shows signs of cracks.
- Coronavirus: China accused of ‘burning bodies in secret’. by New Zealand Herald – Jan 30. More of this coming out everyday.
- Confirmed, suspected novel coronavirus cases continue to rise. by National Health Commission of the Peoples Republic of China
Financial (roller coaster)
- It Is Easy to Overreact to the Chinese Corona virus. By Gail Tverberg. Shes not Gail the Actuary for nothin’! A pragmatic look at the economic future. I’ll paraphrase ” Clearing out some deadwood is better than crushing the world economy”. I think she may be advising the W.H.O. I choose not to be deadwood.
- Canada won’t follow U.S. and declare national emergency over coronavirus: health minister. by CBC. Seriously??
- Study suggesting earlier human transmission fuels public anger. by Nikkea Asia Review
General Holy Shit Conspiracy Theory ammo
Right now this really doesn’t matter. 2019 nCoV is out there. However the fact that these Level 4 Bio Labs exists for other than pandemic relief is truly scary. As in most big ideas, if only a small part is true (which is usually the case), some serious horsewhipping is required.
- A ‘Perfect Storm’ of Bio-War Agents and Climate Change. by Strategic- Culture.com
- Dr. Francis Boyle Creator Of BioWeapons Act Says Coronavirus Is Biological Warfare Weapon. by Great Game India
- India To Probe Wuhan Institute Of Virology. by Zerohedge
- Coronavirus Bioweapon – How China Stole Coronavirus From Canada And Weaponized It. by Great Game India. Never heard about this here in oh Canada.
- Chinese Biowarfare Agents At Harvard University Caught Smuggling Viruses. by Great Game India.
- Indian Scientists Discover Coronavirus Engineered With HIV (AIDS) Like Insertions. by Great Game India.
- Glacier ice archives fifteen-thousand-year-old viruses. by BiorXiv
Wrap it up….please
Continue your Preparations, Communicate with others, Pay attention to outbreaks nearby. Stay safe.