“…We’d happily stuff live baby harp seals in the tanks of our SUVs to keep them running, all the while convincing ourselves that the harp seals like it.” ~ Sharon Astyk
- US Environmental Justice Stories to Watch. by Yvette Cabrera. Cause until the US gets its shit together, nothing gets done.
Climate Crisis (ecocide)
- Ocean temperatures hit record high as rate of heating accelerates. by Damian Carrington (G).
- Like Sending Bees to War. by Annette McGiveny (G). As stated before, “Its going to be difficult to hand pollinate with Q-tips.” We’ll use drones, that’s the ticket.
Financial (roller coaster)
- What Triggers the Next Financial Collapse? by David Stockman. I’m starting to think that having all the worlds major central banks (US Fed, Peoples Bank of China, Bank of Japan, European Central Bank, Bank of England, et al) printing money at will is a bad thing. I suppose if I drank the Economisters Gator Juice it would help. Print away good sirs. What-Is-The-Worst-That-Could-Happen?
- Its Time to Pay Attention to Commercial & Industrial Loans. by Wolf Richter. This is the Economy, not the stock market.
- Trillions of Dollars in U.S. Military Spending Are Unaccounted-For. by Eric Zuesse. This idea that 20+ Trillion dollar$ is going unaccounted is pretty hard to fathom. First the number is pretty large. Second the fact that it is unaudited is not
beleivableunderstandable. Lets for a moment imagine that 5% of that $20 trillion was used as graft/bribery/payola (if 5% is not to your liking pick any number you want). I know this is a stretch to think that there is corruption but bear with me. 5% of $20 trillion = $1 trillion. Divide that into 20 years of out of control spending = $50 billion a year. What’s the chance that there is TomFuckery of the highest order going on with the Pentagon, US polititians, and every fucker who can get their beak to that $50 billion trough? Even the pizza delivery guy? This can’t end well.
- China flight systems jammed by pig farm’s African swine fever defences. by Mandy Zuo (SCMP). Not sure this isn’t more an example of Societys ills.
- Why Do So Many Incompetant Men Become Leaders? Could it be that any one even slightly sane doesn’t want the job? by Tomas Chammoro-Premusic (Ted)
Wrap it up….please
I got nuthin, but 20 trillion dollars!?!?