- Todays reading. I’m playing a bit of catchup here. Lots to digest.
- World’s food supply under ‘severe threat’ from loss of biodiversity. Lack of food…hmmm
- ‘Almost certain extinction’: 1,200 species under severe threat across world
- When Will The Planet Be Too Hot For Humans? Much, Much Sooner Than You Imagine.
- Resource extraction responsible for half world’s carbon emissions Hard to imagine going without minerals! Might be time to reuse, recyle, repurpose and generally stop wasting everything
- Housing Bubble. Oops
- How imported shrimp is bringing superbugs to Canada’s shores (and US shores) This one is bad news. Consider that this issue is the same for industrially farmed: cows, pigs, chickens. We’ve been warned for several years about anit-biotic resitant super-bugs. This puts it into perspective quite nicely.
- Good Enough to Eat? Well not really.
- Phones Emitting the most Radiation. Probably best to not sleep with one
- IEA 2018 World Energy Outlook: Peak oil is here, oil crunch by 2023 This is the major organization that tracks energy usage. Referred to by governements around the world. This will rock our world as we know it. Asleep at the wheel so to speak.
- David Holmgren: A Baby Boomers Apology. This from one of the co-founders of the permaculture movement.