Todays reading. I’m playing a bit of catchup here. Lots to digest.
A. Biosphere Collapse
- World’s food supply under ‘severe threat’ from loss of biodiversity. Lack of food…hmmm
- ‘Almost certain extinction’: 1,200 species under severe threat across world
B. Climate Change
- When Will The Planet Be Too Hot For Humans? Much, Much Sooner Than You Imagine.
- Resource extraction responsible for half world’s carbon emissions Hard to imagine going without minerals! Might be time to reuse, recyle, repurpose and generally stop wasting everything.
- Housing Bubble. Oops
- How imported shrimp is bringing superbugs to Canada’s shores (and US Shores) This one is bad news. Consider that this issue is the same for industrially farmed: cows, pigs, chickens. We’ve been warned for several years about anti-biotic resistant super-bugs. These puts it into perspective quite nicely.
- Good Enough to Eat? Well not really.
- Phones Emitting the most Radiation. Wait? From my phone? ….Probably best to not sleep with one.
E. Peak Oil
- IEA 2018 World Energy Outlook: Peak oil is here, oil crunch by 2023 This is the major organization that tracks energy usage. Referred to by governements around the world. This will rock our world as we know it.
- David Holmgren: A Baby Boomers Apology. This from one of the co-founders of the permaculture movement.